How do I get invoices marked as paid?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sat Nov 19 08:28:32 EST 2005

On Saturday 19 Nov 2005 12:50, Jim Lynch wrote:
> Sure, that makes sense, but still doesn't answer the question of how the
> check mark gets in the "paid" column in the invoice list.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim.

Hi,

GC will mark an invoice as paid when it enough funds have been received to pay
it and all older invoices.

Note that you must use the "process payment" system in the business menu (or
the tools -> process payment from an invoice window) for GC to notice that an
invoice should be treated as paid.  If you enter payments directly into a
register window, then the business system won't see that payment.

HTH,
Maf.

> On 11/17/05, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew at farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
> > Jim Lynch wrote:
> > > Not a biggy, but have I found a bug or did I do something wrong?
> >
> > no and no. gnucash tracks payments by account and not by invoice. IOW,
> > you are receiving $xx.xx towars the balance owed on an entire customer
> > account, not on a specific invoice. When you process payment on a
> > specific invoice, it will auto-fill the amount of that invoice, but
> > applies this to the balance owed, not the invoice. make sense?

> > > Thanks,
> > > Jim.

Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542