Generating UK vat quarter returns

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sat Nov 19 18:05:51 EST 2005

On Saturday 19 Nov 2005 19:19, Roger McCalman wrote:
> I have been using GnuCash (1.8.11) for a while now and would like
> to generate a report to help create my VAT return.
>
> I have set up VAT accounts (in a manner explained in the FAQ) for
> sales and purchases which get updated as expected. The gnucash file
> I have has a years worth of data in and I want to extract just 1
> quarter.
>
> I have changed the scheme to get the start of first q/end of first
> q to match my quarters.
>
> Any help much appreciated.
>
> Cheers, Roger

Hi Roger,

I get all the info I need from 3 transaction reports - no scheme changes
needed.

one report gives me totals for vat return boxes 1-5 ( basically VAT:Input,
VAT:output and the difference between the two)

one gives me vat box 6 - basically all the net income

one for box 7 - all the net expenses.

so far, I haven't needed boxes 8  & 9.

Set the date range for the report to be the dates of the vat quarter in
question - eg 1st Aug -> 31st Oct.

Just shout if that doesn't get you going!

Cheers,
Maf.