F_Q is still broken [Was: Exchange rate dowload failing]

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Thu Nov 24 02:30:46 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 10:13 -0500, David Hampton wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 08:05 -0600, Stewart V. Wright wrote:
> > * David Hampton <hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net> [051115 21:30]:
> > > Yahoo changed the web page for currency quotes.  You should grab the
> > > latest (cvs) Finance::Quote sources from sourceforge.net.
> >
> > You've been saying this for a while but it doesn't seem to work for
> > me...  (Yeah, I know I should file a bug report, but SF.net was
> > playing up last time I tried.)

> I don't see currency quotes appearing in Gnucash when I click "Get
> Quotes", but I'm not sure if that's GnuCash or just my data file.  I
> need to investigate more.

This was a problem with my gnucash data file.  I've just verified that I
can pull currency quotes using the latest F::Q from CVS.  Kevin or
Stuart, would you install the latest F::Q cvs and let me know if you can
then successfully pull quotes with gnucash?  I'd like to close out this
issue.

David

P.S. If this works for you I'll probably push out a new version of F::Q.
There are a couple of other modules that have had fixes made.