Someone please comment (Re: Financial year handling)

Yves-Eric Martin yem_lists.gnucash.org at filter.yve.net
Fri Oct 7 18:45:29 EDT 2005

Hello and thanks for the reply.

David Hampton wrote:
>>Was there something wrong with the patch?
>
> No, looks fine to me. Sorry I didn't say anything earlier.  I've got
> some half baked ideas for how to allow the fiscal year end value to be
> set from the UI in the upcoming gtk2 based release of gnucash, but
> haven't done any implementation yet.

Cheers. I now understand from lurking around here and the devel list
that the developers are under pressure to put G2 out as soon as
possible, so financial year handling in the 1.8 branch may be the least
of your problems. So I guess no UI work will be done for that and that's
fine.

Since G2 is still months away though, the patch I submitted may be of
interest to some. I don't know if it is worth including in a future 1.8
release, but maybe the FAQ entry could be updated with something around
the lines of:

     You can find a patch for 1.8 that will let you change the financial
     year system-wide at the following URL:

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2005-September/014704.html

Yves-Eric Martin