Customising Invoice Reports

Brian Keen brian.keen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 03:38:54 EDT 2005

 Hi folks,
 Need some advice on customising the fancy invoice report:-
I want to get the printed invoice to fit on a single A4 sheet.
 First there appears to be a blank page on the print preview that I can't
get rid of.
 Second, the default 24 rows in the main table is too long to fit on one
page.
I've reduced the number of rows in the table by modifying the scm file but
the page is still too long.
 It would help if I could remove the two <BR> lines after <BODY> in the
generated HTML:-
I've looked long and hard at the code in the scm files but can't figure out
where the two <BR> lines come from.
 ========

<HTML>

<HEAD>

</HEAD>

<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff">

<BR>

<BR>

<TABLE CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="100%">
<TR>
 ========
 It would also help if I could reduce the font-size.
I can't figure out how - other than to edit the resulting HTML file. I don't
want to do that every time I create another invoice.
 I also wanted to change the word 'Sales' to 'VAT' at the end of the table
(see HTML below).
Again I can't find where this is defined in the code.
 ========

<TD BGCOLOR="#ffffff" COLSPAN="5" ALIGN="left">

<FONT SIZE="3"><B>Sales</B></FONT>

</TD>

========
Although GnuCash seems to work well, customising reports needs to be made
more user friendly for the average user.
It shouldn't really be necessary for someone trying to run a business to
have to start hacking lisp.
I've already spent too long trawling through the scm files.
Any help would be appreciated.
 Cheers,
 Brian.