scheduled transactions

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Oct 18 17:18:40 EDT 2005

  Chris Allen <ch.allen at ozemail.com.au>,
  In a message on Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:21:05 +1000, wrote :

CA> I have recently started to use GNUCASH after several year with M$ money.
CA>
CA> There is 1 feature in M$ money that I found very useful but, as yet,
CA> cannot see how to do the same in GNUCASH.
CA>
CA> I want to see the likely balance of an account (credit card or cheque
CA> account) at some future date, given its current balance + transactions
CA> scheduled between now and then.
CA>
CA> Can any one advise hoe to do this?

Yes.  GnuCash has a 'scheduled transaction' feature.  If you put in ALL
of your scheduled transactions and make sure set things to create them
all, you will have a projected running balance.   And GnuCash will show
at the top of the register display the 'projected minimum balance'.  You
will have to exit and restart GnuCash to get the scheduled transactions
to be activated.  Make sure you have as current release installed as
possible -- there have been problems with some releases of GnuCash WRT
scheduled transactions.