"System error while retrieving price quotes"

Oliver D. Iberien oliver-forward at charter.net
Tue Oct 18 20:41:34 EDT 2005

I sent this earlier in the day... I ran the price quote update while logging
at loglevel 4. The price quote retrieval still crapped out, but there was
nothing in the log that was to my untrained eye intelligible as an error
message. I have no clue what is going on, as there has been no change to my
system since yesterday, the last time this worked.

Is there any chance that upgrading to the current version of GnuCash would
help? And if so... I originally compiled from source. I can't find any
description of the upgrade procedure in the archives or anywhere on the web.
The upgrade procedure may be screamingly obvious to a lot of people, but I
don't want to experiment and risk losing all my data. Could someone kindly
point me to a description of it?