Excess Saving

JUNIPER snijuniper at comcast.net
Wed Oct 19 23:12:28 EDT 2005

    With "Days to retain log files" set at 2, I counted 52 log and xac
files, dating back some six weeks (we were on vacation 3 of those weeks)
clogging up my "home" folder. Nothing ever seems to get deleted unless I
do it mechanically. I reset the 2 to zero, yet that seems to make no
difference.
    What I would really like would be for the current file to replace
the most recent saved file when I save and for the one saved to become
the backup (which, I think, is what Quicken does). I would rather not
have the log files at all, or at least have them be automatically
deleted at some point (like one or zero days).
    Also, I don't see where I have the option of changing where a saved
file is put. I'd prefer to have them saved to the folder I created for
the purpose. Am I overlooking something?
    Thank you,
    Steve Juniper