gnucash roadahead

Adrian Simmons adrinux at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 07:57:19 EDT 2005

Brian Rose wrote:
> Lets make it fun and cool to use and easy to "get in"--relatively.
Oh, I think you'd have to start with a better logo and website design, the
current offering's are passable but not exactly 'sexy'. The logo in particular.

Though I suppose that's just as likely to attract more users - requiring tech
support and tuition and sucking time away from development - as it is to attract
more developers.

As for the main thrust of this thread it really has been done before,
repeatedly. I think the gist of things can be summarized thus:

Many things will improve greatly once the G2 version is out.
More programmers are needed to push that forward faster.
Money alone won't help (but always has it's uses).
If you want to help out subscribe to the developers list. Ask.

I suspect a functioning G2 will also help to attract more programmers, after all
, who wants to work on software they can't currently use?

I've just subscribed to the developers list, though I'm only a web geek.

--
adrinux (aka Adrian Simmons) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at gmail.com>
AOL/Yahoo IM: perlucida, Microsoft: adrian at perlucida.com