no more printable invoices

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 23 14:38:21 EDT 2005

kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com wrote:

>I just upgraded to kernel 2.6.12-1.1380_FC3 running Fedora Core 3 and now I
>canot choose/create a 'printable invoice' without gnucash crashing,

What was your previous kernel version?  Did you change any of its
configuration when you compiled the new one?  This could be a clue.

Does the printer work from other apps?  If not, the cause is outside
gnucash.  Try printing a text document with lp.

Do you use udev to create the printer device file?  When I upgraded to
version 2.6.12, I found that my udev no longer worked.  This kernel
requires a newer udev (not sure of which exact version).  When I
upgraded udev (make sure you save its config files; I didn't:) and
rebooted, I found that it worked again.

Hope one of these helps,
Mark