re-associating a bank account

Andy Korvemaker gnucash at andyland.ca
Fri Oct 7 13:07:23 EDT 2005

Hi.

I'm a fairly new user. When I first started importing my bank statements
(in OFX format) I had 3 bank accounts: a chequing account (#1), a
savings account (#2), and a "premium rate" savings account (#3). When I
imported my first statement I recall it asking me to specify a gnucash
account for each bank account. After that all the statements imported
fine.

Recently I closed the savings account (#2). Now when I import
statements, the chequing account (#1) imports properly, but all the
entries for the premium rate savings account (#3) get placed into the
gnucash account for the savings account (#2). There aren't many
transactions each month, so I've just been manually moving them over to
the proper account, but it would be nice to have the import work
properly again.

Any ideas how to let gnucash know that the accounts have switched? Or,
if this has been discussed before, what terms should I search for to
point me in the right direction?

I'm running 1.8.11 on Mac OS X (via fink), but I doubt that makes a
difference.

andy
--
Andy Korvemaker