Financial year handling

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Tue Oct 25 01:59:26 EDT 2005

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Nicholas Lee <emptysands at gmail.com>:
>
>> Note: I can't recommend Gnucash for business use, SQL-Ledger is far
>> better.  So at the end of the day setting the "financial year default"
>> isn't so important to me now.
>

> I guess it depends on your requirements.  When I looked at SQL-Ledger
> (before I wrote the gnucash business features) I was quite disapointed
> with it.  Besides, I didn't want to have to set up a web server and
> secure it in order to run my business finances, and BOY could I not
> ask someone like my /mom/ to do that!!!
>
> -derek

I concur with Derek. SQL-Ledger is grossly over-rated. Also, the mailing
list support is nowhere as good as for gnucash. If you want simple
support you will be directed by Dieter to the (deficient) FAQ. There is
absolutely no documentation. If you want more advanced support you will
be, mostly, directed to buy the manual, which is expensive. I'm not
complaining, Dieter has to make a living. Gnucash is streets ahead in
the main.

Kind regards,

Graeme.