Adding a Payroll calculator

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Oct 29 10:06:38 EDT 2005

Quoting Jay Scherrer <jay at scherrer.com>:

> OK,
> I found your gnucash->business->employees->new expense voucher. I
> haven't seen this feature before. Is this where you are processing
> payroll? I have to study the gncEmployee a bit more.

Funny, as this feature has existed since 1.7.X...

But no, GnuCash has no payroll feature at the moment.  One could posit
that GncEmployee would tie into the payroll feature once one exists.
I don't think it would necessarily tie into the Employee Expense Voucher
per se.  I would leave that decision up to the developer who actually
created the payroll subsystem.  However I would definitely expect the
payroll system to use GncEmployee.

One thing to keep in mind is the plugability of tax tables.  It would
be /nice/ if the tax tables were an addon module (maybe even in scheme)
to allow easy changing of numbers.