no import??

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Thu Oct 27 19:54:22 EDT 2005

Dear list:

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

I found three transactions from one bank today, and wanted to import them
into gnucash, version 1.8.10 running on Debian 3.1.

I exported the data from the bank's site, as an .OFX file, then went to
Import in Gnucash, selected .OFX and selected the new export.ofx file.

The window that Gnucash opened showed nothing, but empty columns, with no
data showing. Additionally, it looked weird and required that I enlarge the
import window to full screen size. It didn't scroll its own contents so that
it could all be seen, instead forcing me to resize my window.

Is this a bug or feature? I checked the file size of the file 'export.ofx'
from my bank and it shows the following:

scott at fyrenice:~$ ls -l *.OFX
-rw-r--r--  1 scott scott 687 2005-10-27 17:36 Export.OFX

Am I blowing it completely here, or is my bank, or is GNUCASH?

Scott