[OT] Announcement: lb 1.0.0 (The Little Budget Tool)

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Thu Sep 1 22:29:34 EDT 2005

I'm pleased to announce the release of lb version 1.0.0.  This is a program
that collates your budget (in a CSV file) with a GnuCash cash flow report
to give you an accurate accounting of where you are budget-wise.

As most of you know, the GnuCash devs are working on adding budgeting tools
to GnuCash.  This is designed to help you (well, me) get by until that is
done.

Please see http://www.teuton.org/~gabriel/lb for the download.  This
application is only distributed in source code.

New features:

* Now handles multiple budget and report files at once, giving a YTD
  statement along side the 'current' month.

* Now has a configuration file (.lbrc) that allows you to configure
  the report according to the types of accounts that you have.

* Has an optional GUI front-end (Qt-based).

* Added man pages.

License:  GPL.

Peace,
Gabriel