[Fwd: Re: Compiling on 64 bit SuSE (Was Re: List OK?)]

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Sep 6 03:04:10 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 06 Sep 2005 07:37, Des Dougan wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Thanks for your message. looking at what I have installed, it seems SuSE
> installs both versions:
>
> # rpm -qa | grep gcc
> gcc-3.3.5-5.1
> libgcc-3.3.5-5.1
> gcc-c++-3.3.5-5.1
> gcc-32bit-9.3-7.1
> gcc-info-3.3.5-5.1
>
> My problem is how to tell gnucash to use 32 bit, if I'm unable to get
> the 64 bit version to work.
>
> Regards,
>
> Des

Hi Des,

I had noticed that there were various packages with a -32bit suffix, which is
what I based my theory that a 32-bit build would be _possible_ on the new
box.

I should imagine that a bit of tweaking in  ./configure.in and Makefile to
point.  In my case, the CAD-viewer (broken) Makefile has CC = gcc as the
first non-comment line, and a bit further down in CFLAGS I have a
-DUSE_LIB64_PATHES  entry too.

Both of which sound like places to start looking.  Maybe SuSE provide some
clues under /usr/share/doc/packages/*-32bit?  don't know, haven't looked yet!

Sadly, I won't have any time to put into this for a week or  2, but am
watching your progress with interest.

Cheers,
Maf.