New user with questions about development version in CVS

Bradford Bowman bowman at mazirian.com
Mon Sep 12 12:35:18 EDT 2005

I recently tried to recreate the wheel by using OOorg Calc as a sort of
double entry accounting system for my personal fincances.  That exercise
in frustration is now over, or soon to be, and I'm about to turn to
GnuCash.  I've gone through the tutorial and managed a few test accounts,
and understand the basics of the application.  I'm currently using version
1.8.11, but would like to use the current CVS version if it is (a)
moderately stable; and (b)Gtk2/Gnome2 compatible.  I understand that it is
in development and that it may not build occasionally, but is it otherwise
too unstable for new users to test at this point?

Any advice would be appreciated.

--
Bradford Bowman
http://mazirian.com