Failure of "--add-price-quotes" option.

David Brock david at tubits.com
Thu Sep 15 12:03:53 EDT 2005

Derek Atkins wrote:

>Hi,
>
>David Brock <david at tubits.com> writes:
>

>>Info: gnc_session_begin: logpath=/home/dmbrock/GNUCash/Personal.dat
>>Enter: gnc_session_load_backend:
>>Enter: gnc_book_set_backend: book=0x8adb200 be=0x8adb480
>>Leave: gnc_session_load_backend:
>>Enter: file_session_begin:
>>Info: gnc_session_begin: Done running session_begin on backend
>>Leave: gnc_session_begin: backend error 6
>>

>Backend error 6 means:
>
>  ERR_BACKEND_LOCKED,       /* in use by another user (ETXTBSY) */
>
>Did you have GnuCash running on your desktop at the time?  This
>would seem to imply that the cron job couldn't lock the database,
>which USUALLY implies that someone already has it opened.
>
>Just for kicks, did you try running the add-quotes command-line
>from your terminal to see if it works there?
>
>-derek

Derek:

I was quite careful to verify that it wasn't running, so I don't beleive
that's the problem, but thanks for identifying the meaning of that
error- I'll check it very closely when I get home.  I'll also check for
that lock file that's causing the "file in use" error when I restart.

"add-quotes command line from [my] terminal" - do you mean from the
session in which I'm running GC?  I didn't know it was interactive!
The debug output that I quoted came from running "gnucash
--add-price-quotes <filename>" from a shell.  (note- this cron job has
not been created yet, I'm verifying it will run from the command prompt
first)  It sounds like you're meaning something else.  Can you clarify?

;-David