Interacting Gnucash with Windows

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 22 13:58:24 EDT 2005

Anne Wilson <cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk> writes:

>> A common means is to use the reports to export the relevant data into
>> HTML.
>
> I tried that, but it doesn't provide anything obviously useful.

Odd...  It's always been useful to my accountants.  I print out a PnL
and a Balance Sheet.  That's usually sufficient for them.  Then I save
off a transaction report and mail it to them, which gives them a list
of all transactions in the finanacial period.  I've never had a
complaint from them.

In what way do you feel is does not provide anything obviously useful?

>> Other options include an XSLT stylesheet to convert the gnucash
>> file format to gnumeric,
>
> Could you elaborate on that?   It sounds much better.

Well, there's the Gnucash2qif project, but that's depending on the
XML format not changing.