Gnucash on KDE

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Sep 27 08:57:26 EDT 2005

  Bob Alexander <bob at ngi.it>,
  In a message on Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:13:35 +0000, wrote :

BA> Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
BA> > But it's worth the trouble.
BA> > Liz
BA> >
BA>
BA> Liz,
BA> I agree and will proceed.
BA>
BA> My worries wher only two:
BA>
BA> 1) I like to have the least number of packages possible installed on my
BA> system for a number of reasons (mant., sec., config., space etc.)
BA>
BA> 2) My previous portable had a mixed Gnome2 and KDE 3.3 environment and
BA> sometimes I had the impression that some subsystems from the two
BA> environments kind of collided/competed :) to manage subsystems like
BA> device mounting, sounds etc etc.

This should not be happening, unless you have a 'mixed' desktop
configuration, somehow.  Most likely this might happen if you used one
desktop system and then switched to the other and did not do the switch
'cleanly'.  I have noticed that some of the applications fire up some
desktop related daemons.  This mostly seems to happen with KDE
applications, particularly for things like help functions.