Backups

Bradford R. Bowman bowman at mazirian.com
Wed Sep 28 07:40:07 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 06:54 -0400, Jim Lynch wrote:
> OH, you mean I did something back in the dawn of creation to tell it
> where to put the files?  OK, my poor memory didn't record that fact.
> Thanks, I'll look around for a suspicious file somewhere.

Well, it's not like you won't find that file eventually, but, as the
least experienced gnucash user on the list, I just couldn't help but
chime in.

If you look in ~/.gnucash/books/ you will see files with filenames that
describe the path to the data files you have used with gnucash.  For
example: %2Fhome%2Fbowman%2FFinances%2Fgnc_data  I think that, when no
data file is specified, gnucash loads the data file specified by the
filename of the file in the books directory with the most recent mtime.

Alternatively, in the gui, if you open the file menu and select Open,
the resulting dialog should, by default, show you the path to the data
file you have been using all along.

--
Bradford R. Bowman
GnuPG Public Key available at: