Failing automake when trying to build version from CVS

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 10:02:59 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 1:12 pm, Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
> Hi,
> I\m trying to build the latest version from CVS to do some translation.

> [root at inspiron gnucash]#

Why are you trying to build as root? That's always a bad idea and the build
has never required such action.

Copy the tree to userspace and build it from there (using
--enable-opt-style-install as in the README.cvs)

> Running automake --gnu  ...
> configure.in:1301: required file `intl/Makefile.in' not found
> /usr/share/automake-1.9/am/tags.am: ctags was already defined in
> condition !GNC_CTAGS_FILE, which is included in condition TRUE ...
> Makefile.am:124: ... `ctags' previously defined here

Those are not a problem, my build proceeds normally despite outputting these
(or similar) warnings.

> **Error**: automake failed.

There's something else missing here, another message or some other output?

What is the command you are using?

I use:
cd /opt/working/gnucash-gnome2/
./autogen.sh --enable-doxygen --enable-opt-style-install \
--prefix=/opt/garfield/gnome2

--

Neil Williams