Upgrading Issues

Brian cabernet at webshield.net.au
Wed Apr 5 21:28:34 EDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 06:34:25PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Upgrade both simultaneously...
>
>  rpm -Uvh gnucash...rpm  libofx...rpm
>
> -derek

Success after some fiddling. I was able to install the packages but only
with --nodeps --force paramaters. Gnucash seemed to work quite ok, but apt
reported broken packages in its database. Locate was now showing the
following libaries

/usr/lib64/libofx.a
/usr/lib64/libofx.la
/usr/lib64/libofx.so
/usr/lib64/libofx.so.2
/usr/lib64/libofx.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/libofx.so.0

Earlier gnucash was asking for libofx.so.1. As this was not showing in the
list of files I located an earlier libofx (libofx-0.7.0-3.x86_64.rpm)
and installed this. The broken packages problem was resolved.

Brian