Foreign currency invoices

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Thu Apr 6 10:37:28 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I've an invoicing issue that I can't get working properly.
The situation: I have a bank account in HKD, and am invoicing customers
sometimes in HKD, sometimes in USD. The USD invoices are typically
settled in USD: that is I get an incoming T/T in USD, of which some
intermediate bank always steals a bit, and then my bank takes their
commission and settles the rest in HKD at the current exchange rate in
my account.

Now I tried to set for one customer the invoice to USD, but it doesn't
get automatically converted to HKD when entering it: the USD invoice is
taken as if it is HKD, no exchange rate is taken into account.

How to do this well?

I'm using an A/Receivable account for the invoices, which later get
paid, usually settled against the HKD Bank account.

Wouter.