Multi-currency and 1.9.4 installation

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Thu Apr 6 11:36:24 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 10:53 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Wouter van Marle <wouter at squirrel-systems.com>:
>
> > I'd love to test the multi-currency things, but I can't install the
> > 1.9.4: Mandrake does not support glibc-2.4 yet. And I'm not going to
> > take any risks hosing my complete system (I'm running Mandrake 10.1; the
> > latest release 2006.0 has glibc-2.3.5 or so) just to try out some
> > features in an unstable release, sorry :)
> >
> > Any way to install this without the glibc-2.4 requirement?
>
> Nope.  glibc-2.4 is well over a year old..  It was in FC3 and RHEL4
> which were released well over a year ago (FC5 has already been released!)
> There's already lots of complaints about having to support glibc/gtk-2.4
> instead of 2.6!
>
> Try converting to Mandriva?

Mandrake == old name of Mandriva.
I was also rather surprised to not find glibc 2.4... will try again
later. I guess it's in the cooker then.

My box at 10.1 works, got trouble with my printer trying out 10.2, and
for the rest it's "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!
I'll wait for the 2.0 release of GnuCash then.

Wouter.