Business in 2 countries

J. Paul Bissonnette jpaulb at eastlink.ca
Sun Apr 16 09:02:52 EDT 2006

Thanks for the tip.

This may just work. In ~./gnucash/books I created 2 directories one for
each account.  Next created one  file  <main menu> -> file -> new file
saved it in a dir. Before creating the second file I edited the
preferences to the other currency, enabled Euro, then saved the 2nd file
in the other dir..

Paul

Derek Atkins wrote:

> You should use a separate set of books for the two entities...
> However anything under <main menu> -> Edit -> Preferences is
> shared across all books...
>
> -derek
>
> Quoting "J. Paul Bissonnette" <jpaulb at eastlink.ca>:
>
>> I have an Internet business in Europe, bank accounts and credit cards
>> etc.. Prices are in Euro, products are paid in US$.
>>
>> I recently move to Canada. I am now starting the same business here
>> and would like to keep the 2 operations as separate as possible.
>>
>> I an using gnucash 1.8.10 on Debian Sarge. I though that by using 2
>> account trees I could keep my Euro business separate from the CAD$
>> business. Unfortunately if I change the currency in one tree the
>> other tree changes also. Do I have to keep 2 sets of books, or am I
>> missing something with multi currency??
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> --
>>
>> J. Paul Bissonnette