error parsing file

tom paradox at pobox.com
Sun Apr 16 20:51:01 EDT 2006

Help!  I am a newbie to GNUCash (using 1.8.9 for Linux).
I have about finished inputing all my data for a couple of
brokerage accounts.  I saved the data before exiting but
then the next time I tried to start the program I get "There
was an error parsing the file" and an indication of my home
accounts file.

The program goes on to start but doesn't load my data file.
I have tried doing an Import>Replay Log file operation on
the final 5 or so log files in my data directory but no go.
Is there anything that can be done?  All help is appreciated.

tom