Business user - allocation of payment to invoice

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 17 14:14:28 EDT 2006

Mark <mark.templeton at wdr123m.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> On 1.8.10, I can see no way to allocate payments received to a
> specific invoice, or set of invoices. This functionality is needed
> to support normal business practice. Is this functionality either
> hidden, or "on its way"? I hope it's just hidden, as it's currently
> rather hard to see which invoices have been agreed and paid, and
> which are under dispute.

It's in 1.9.  In 1.8 all payments are applied to the Customer, not to
Invoices.  The payments are applied to the Invoices in FIFO order; you
can't specify the invoice.  In 1.9 you can supply a SINGLE invoice
that you want to pay ahead of the rest (putting it at the head of the
FIFO).  But you cannot specify a second invoice behind it.