Samples wanted!

David Brown gnucash at davidb.org
Wed Apr 19 18:53:40 EDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 12:19:49PM -0700, David Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 10:41:39PM +0800, Bengt Thuree wrote:
>
> > - Recording Employee Stock Plans (Discussion)
> >
> > - Stock Options (How-To)
>
> Well, I'd be interested in being involved in discussions about these, since
> I have both.  Currently, neither is recorded right, and my balances are not
> correct.

I'm going to start by asking here what might be the best way to fix my
dataset at this point.  I did a quick test, and Assets-Liabilities !=
Equity+Income-Expenses.  I'd like to at least try to keep this in balance.

I see two problems that I've done.

  - I updated prices.  The price update seems to change the value of the
    stock assets which unbalances things.

  - I didn't record capital gains.

The problem is that I can't figure out any easy way of finding transactions
I need to go fix.  First, I can't find anything that will even show me the
balance.  Second, is there any way of restricting the view to the past to
help me narrow down when my unbalance first happened?

Once I get this correct, I can try writing up something on how to enter the
transactions.

Dave