Full path of an account window?

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 10:21:53 EDT 2006

Suppose I have a Assets->ABC Brokerage->XYZ and Assets->DEF Brokerage->XYZ
accounts. In gnucash 2.0, I open the first account and get a new tabbed
window that says 'XYZ' in the tab (and the decoration at the top of the
gnucash window says <gnucash-filename>-XYZ). Then I close gnucash, saving my
file, and I come back a week later and start gnucash, which remembers the
accounts I had open previously. But I'm 63 years old and can't remember
where I was 10 minutes ago, so I've forgotten which XYZ account is
displayed. How can I get the full path through the account tree to the XYZ
account displayed? Said another way, how do I ask the question 'which XYZ
account is this?'. Yes, I can edit the account, which will show me the
parent, but I would think there would be something more direct than that.

/Don Allen