A couple of 2.0.1 issues

Des Dougan des at DouganConsulting.com
Mon Aug 7 18:14:23 EDT 2006

I have just compiled 2.0.1 this morning, on my SuSE 10.0 box. This is my
first go with version 2.0, so it went through some migration steps when
I opened it for the first time.

So far, so good. I notice that the accounts are in alphabetical order
now, rather than the particular order they were displayed in 1.8 - why
is this? It seemed logical to have the unbalanced item at the top - it
was a good visual check that I hadn't screwed something up... (Ah, I see
if you sort on Description, Imbalance moves to the top...).

I have a couple of more serious issues - every time I open the program I
see "GnuCash could not obtain the lock". This is even though there is
no .LCK file on my filesystem. A bug?

The second issue is that my invoice report (Easy Invoice, although all
three seem to exhibit this behaviour) displays on the screen in the font
I've defined for the GNOME programs I run (I'm a KDE user); however,
when I print preview, the invoice is in a serif font, which I have not
defined anywhere; as well as being serif, rather the the sans serif I
prefer, it's also larger than I want. I'd also like to be able to adjust
the invoice margins, which seem large. Is there any way of resolving
either of these issues?

Thanks,

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support