Scripting Recurring Business Transactions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 9 12:23:21 EDT 2006

Quoting Adam Rosi-Kessel <adam at rosi-kessel.org>:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>> A much better solution would be a "copy Invoice" operation, where you can
>> create a new invoice from an existing one.  Granted, that wouldn't really
>> help you script it, per se, but it would reduce the amount of work you
>> have to do.   If you really want to script it, you might want to consider
>> QSF, but that was left out of 2.0 because it was way too buggy.
>
> Is there a "copy invoice" operation? I understand the concern about
> scripting modification to the XML file; I'm just trying to figure out how to
> automate a several-hours process that is purely mechanical.

No, which is why I said "would be" as opposed to "is".  But a "copy invoice"
operation would be relatively easy to implement, and would be useful in
general, so I would suggest you consider developing that as opposed to
developing something to hack the XML from under GnuCash.