libgnomecanvas and Intel Macs

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 20 03:15:18 EDT 2006

Okay. Fink found the newer libgnomecanvas. Since I was never able to get
Gnucash running on my machine, I then followed directions for installing from
sources, downloading 2.0.1, and following the directions out there to get it to
compile (borrowing liberally from captain swing). And, it appears to configure
okay, using:

guile16-build env LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib/ CPATH=/sw/include ./configure
--prefix=/opt/gnucash

However, when I then issue the make command, it crashes with the following:

ranlib .libs/libgncmod-test.a
creating libgncmod-test.la
(cd .libs && rm -f libgncmod-test.la && ln -s ../libgncmod-test.la
libgncmod-test.la)
Making all in engine
chmod u+x ./iso-currencies-to-c
GUILE_LOAD_PATH=: srcdir=. ./iso-currencies-to-c
ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
ERROR: Unable to find file "slib/guile.init" in load path
make[3]: *** [iso-4217-currencies.c] Error 2
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

guile.init appears to be present in /sw/share/slib, but I do not know how to
get this directory into the  load path, why it is not there in the first place,
or even where to look at what's not set right.

Any ideas where I go from here, because I certainly am out of my depth (if I
began to know how you folks even knew to put these other things into the
configure line, I'd believe I had a chance at a clue)...

Clueless David