Best way to organize accounts

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Aug 23 10:31:07 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 21:17 -0400, eschvoca wrote:
> Currently I've setup my accounts using form (1) but find that I can't
> reconsile my statements because there is no overall balance for my
> bank account.  I'm tempted to do the big switch to form (2) but I

GnuCash doesn't support (2), and the example account hierarchies
distributed and encouraged in the New Account Hierarchy Druid are firmly
in the style of (1).

But... why is there no overall balance for your bank account?  If you
have an {Assets:Checking} account, its balance will reflect that
account's balance.

--
...jsled