download transactions?

Andre Powell apowell656 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 26 13:52:05 EDT 2006

Hopefully an experimental will be available for 10.3.9 I can always wait for a stable, as of right now the only thing that I really would like is budget capabilities - easily fixed with an OO spreadsheet/database who knows. Or I can always get adventurous and compile it myself. (BTW The Little budget tool  has anyone got around the Qt_UIC issue during a configure on a Mac.)
  There seems to be an issue in downloading the binary (LibOFX) and getting everything setup right with GnuCash (and fink) so I looked through my notes --- and I used the source which works better.

David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net> wrote:

On Aug 25, 2006, at 9:15 PM, Andre Powell wrote:

> A couple of questions:
> 1. Is there an eta on LibOFX 0.8.2 and GnuCash 2.0.1
> to fink (especially for 10.3.9 waiting to get Leopard
> with my new Mac next year) - I tried using a later
> version of LibOFX 0.7.0-2 and could not import anymore
> 2. [snipped]

I don't know about 10.3. The 10.4 unstable version should be up
within days. At the moment (since libofx 0.8.2 was only release about
12 hours ago) the fink experimental version of GnuCash 2.0.1 uses
libofx 0.8.0, aqbanking 2.2.0, and gwenhywfar 2.3.1. It worked for me
last weekend. There were a few details to iron out with the packaging
file, but it's almost done.

I was surprised that the experimental version even worked for me with
OFXDirectConnect. All my out-of-fink-tree compiled stuff is in /opt,
and /opt is nowhere in my path, so I was working under the assumption
that I wouldn't interfere with the fink-only install. I suppose the
gnucash conf files might point to the newer version of libofx in /
opt???? Anyway, I don't see any reason why libofx 0.8.2 won't show up
very soon in fink.

As for 10.3 vs. 10.4, there are a lot of packages that show up in the
same version for 10.3 as 10.4, but I know zero about the limitations
of that seeming compatibility.

With respect to libofx 0.7.0-2 vs 0.7.0-1, did you recompile gnucash
after the libofx upgrade? They moved some things around in libofx1 vs
libofx1-shlibs, so that may have screwed up something with importing.
(My understanding is that that particular type of failure isn't
supposed to happen -- such effects are supposed to cause a name
change, or something. But my understanding is limited...)

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net