Strange orphan behavior on creating new transactions

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Sun Aug 27 22:19:24 EDT 2006

I've just started noticing a strange behavior with 2.0.1-1 (in Debian
Sid).

Sometimes, when adding a transaction, the transaction disappears
immediately after I enter it. I have to go look for it, and it turns out
the half that should have been visible from the account I was in is now
assigned to Orphan-USD.

When I edit the transaction with a split and move it back to the account
it was supposed to come from, the balance for that line always reads 0.00
no matter what the actual balance is. Subsequent items calculate the
balance as if that item never happened.

Seems pretty clearly a bug -- just wondering if anyone else has noticed
or has ideas about how to avoid.