Displaying memo everywhere

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 29 10:23:42 EDT 2006

Ronan KERYELL <Ronan.Keryell at enstb.org> writes:

> Now, displays are often quite big (I use a 1920x1200 screen on my laptop)
> and I would like an account display with the memo information on it on the
> same line.
>
> I've not been able to find a pref for it. Is there one I missed?

The memo is part of each Split in a transaction; so, which "memo"
would you want to display?  Put the register into Journal Mode and
you'll see the memos everywhere.

> In the same way, when reconciling after importing files from my bank, it
> could be nice to be able to enter or correct memo fields (and may be also
> other fields?) at the same time rather than editing the account later.

Which importer?  The different formats do different things.

> Is there a way to do that? Or is it possible to add this stuff to the TODO
> list? :-)

Well, you can always file an RFE in bugzilla, but don't expect it
to get acted upon quickly.  ;)