Bayesian import

Omen Nemo serv994 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 4 13:03:48 EST 2006

> The Bayesian import option applies to all importers except QIF.
> It tells the system to use Bayesian matching algorithms to map
> imported transactions to gnucash accounts.  It's a system to
> learn new matching rules over time.  I'm not sure what other rules
> you might have; I dont think the generic importer remembers anything
> else.

Thanks Derek.
I have "Use bayesian matching" unchecked in my preferences, but the system is definitely using some rules and learning new ones.

If that matters, I've been using gc for about 3 years and recently upgraded to 2.*.
BTW, I noticed that the rules newly learned are now applied within a single import (from ofx).
Before I would assign an account for the first transaction, then cancel the import window, then import again to have the new rule applied. That's cool!

ON