Memorized Transaction Issue

Ed P paq237 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 20:59:44 EST 2006

On 11/23/06, Volker Englisch <Volker at englisch.us> wrote:
> On 11/20/2006 05:21 PM Ed P wrote:
> >
> > Sadly, a restart does not fix my issue.  The register issue remains,
> > but the application is stable otherwise in my other tests (charting,
> > reports, reconciliation).
> >
> > If anyone has any insight to share I'd be grateful.
> >
> > Regards
> >

> Since you are still seeing this problem you may be the best person to
> troubleshoot.
> I would try and see if this still occurs in double-line/single-line
> display of the register.  You also might want to try changing the
> preferences to display a register in a new window instead of using tabs
> (or the other way around) or try opening a smaller data file.
> It might also be related to the number of tabs you have open.
>
> Making some changes along those lines might help to find a work-around
> for you and help the developers pinpoint the issue.
>
> Volker

After some holiday and business travel, I've had some more time to
look into this.  I have learned that the issue arises only after
manipulating split transactions.

As it turns out, I too can "fix" the problem if I restart GC, but each
time I manipulate a transaction with splits the anomaly ensues and
remains for the session.

At least at this point I can easily work around this.  I can simply
enter my splits last.  That said, if anyone has any insight and/or can
replicate this bug it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

--
Ed P.
paq237 at gmail.com