A First Gnucash LiveCD

Mark Gannon mark at truenorth.nu
Wed Dec 6 22:41:52 EST 2006

On Friday 01 December 2006 14:17, Derrick Hudson wrote:
> Imagine combining this with VMWare Player
> (http://www.vmware.com/products/player/) and this LiveCD Virtual
> Appliance (http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/284) to
> allow current Windows users to use GnuCash without even rebooting!
I've created a VMware implementation sutiable for use with VMWare's Player.
If you don't already have it, you can get it at: http://www.vmware.com.  The
address for the torrent file is:
http://linuxtracker.org/torrents-details.php?id=3245

> Did you include SMB/CIFS support?  I think that would be very
> beneficial for (potential) users who are running Windows and run the
> Live CD using VMWare.  This would allow them to store the data files
> in their "My Documents" or wherever they feel comfortable on the host
> Windows system.
Samba support is included in both the VMware and ISO implementations, but only
at the command line level.  I was unable to find a decent gui client in the
Debian unstable repository.  If someone has a suggestion about one, I'm all
ears.

The files in this new torrent are compressed as tar.bz2.  So Windows users
will need a tool like Winzip to uncompress them.

Please let me know what you think!

Regards,

Mark Gannon

--
"I am an idealist. I don't know where I am going,
but I am on my way."

- Carl Sandburg