Reconcile initial balance error

kendall green kendall.green at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 09:33:00 EST 2006

More info as requested.  I started using gnucash after wiping out my NTFS
drive containing Money 2004.  I imported qif files from May 2006.  I
reentered the checkbook data from then on, reconciling the balance each
month.  In June, I was not surprised to have to enter a $599 withdrawal to
the Imbalance USD account.  July reconciled fine.  In August there was a
$303.43 deposit needed in the Imbalance account.  Sept, Oct, Nov statements
reconciled fine.  In Dec, a 654.20 deposit was needed in the Imbalance
account.  Each time, that the checking account doesn't balance, it is the
INITIAL balance that is in error.  The reconciled balance from Nov bank
statement was 679.50. When I tried to balance the Dec bank statement, the
initial balance was higher by 654.20.  Of course, I have checked and
rechecked all transactions and can't find any errors.  What could cause the
reconciled balance to change between bank statements?

--
Kendall Green