placeholder accounts

Ariel asgnucash at dsgml.com
Sat Dec 9 18:47:12 EST 2006

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006, calmar wrote:

> Hi all, on placeholder accounts, when I click on them, the
> transaction window opens. But since it's only a placeholder
> account, holding subfolders, does that make any sense (since you
> can't enter something obviously anyway).
>
> anyway, instead of opening that not editable account, that it
> instead toggles the opening of the subfolder, I think that would
> be a good idea?

Sort of, the thing is, you can add transactions to an account, then make
it a placeholder account.

The transactions will still be there, (but you can't edit them). So you
need a way to view them.

You can also turn off placeholder, add a transaction, then turn it back
on. (All it really does it make the account read only, and hidden for
transfers - it's still a "real" account.)

 	-Ariel