crash on QFX import

J. David Beutel jdb at getsu.com
Sun Dec 10 15:32:05 EST 2006

Ariel <asgnucash at dsgml.com> wrote on 12/10/2006 09:10:25 AM:

> On Sat, 9 Dec 2006, J. David Beutel wrote:
>
>> Is there some way I can confirm which libofx GnuCash is using?
>
> I don't know directly, but libofx is not a critical library - rename
> the main one, leaving just the on in local, and see what happens.
>
> Actually, when it's running try looking in /proc/<psid>/fd and see
> which library is listed there.

Thanks for the tip.  That proc filesystem is cool.  I should learn to
make the most of it.  I didn't see any libraries, tho; mostly sockets
and pipes.  But it did point out two interesting files,
/tmp/gnucash.trace (interesting contents, but nothing about ofx) and
/tmp/libofxtmp8fMwqS (I have a bunch of empty tmp files like this).

But, it gave me the idea to try `strace -eopen gnucash` which shows it
opening the libofx.so.3 that I refreshed yesterday.  So I guess that
patch doesn't fix my particular problem.  On the other hand, it's only
happened once.
> Don't forget to run ldconfig.

This is a good tip, but I did remember.

Cheers,