howto print a particular account

Anuj Verma (Kevin) kevin.verma at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 12:32:42 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 09:06 +0000, Maf. King wrote:
> On Monday 11 December 2006 02:56, Anuj Verma (Kevin) wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using gnucash-2.0.2-1.fc6 i.e gnucash-2.0.2 on Fedora core 6. I am
> > using this for personal accounting for quiet some time.
> >
> > I require to print a receivable account or simply create an invoice of
> > the same based on the receivable balance.
> >
> > Please advice a solution to have this performed. I am novice at
> > accounting, though I noticed a section in help documentation to creat
> > new "customer" and raise an invoice which can also be printed.
> >
> > Do I really need to follow the same or is there any other solution, or
> > perhaps if there is a feature yet to be implemented ?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Kevin
>
> Hi Kevin.
>
> If the account already exists, then how about creating a transaction report on
> the account in question, and using that as the basis for your invoice? (maybe
> export the report to HTML to easily dress it up a bit?)
>
> As far as I know, the only way to have gnucash handle invoicing internally is
> the business->customer section, as you have found in the Docs.
>
> HTH,
> Maf.

Maf,

Many thanks for your follow up. This was not of direct help but made me
try to scratch my itch more, but there was no technical deal.

It just happened that out of frustration to see transaction report to
print of each and every account, I did a right click but that was the
"key" to set filters etc.

However next is for me to understand those filters better so I get a
kind of balance sheet printed out, I am a lazy dog, it might take me a
day to get back to my account book to try the same, please let me know
if you or any other had a perfect explanation on the same.

Cheers,
Kevin
--
Anuj Verma (Kevin) <kevin.verma at gmail.com>