How to get rid of saved file

Dennis Craven dcraven at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 04:14:32 EST 2006

On 12/20/06, Fred Krogh <fkrogh at mathalacarte.com> wrote:
> I'm not clear on what you mean my GConf, but I did find a reference to
> s1 in
> ~//.gconf/apps/gnucash/history/%gconf.xml.  I deleted the entry for s1
> there and looked for other references to s1 in ~//.gconf/apps/gnucash
> and subdirectories, and found none.  Unfortunately after I delete the
> reference to s1 in the above file, it comes back after entering and
> leaving gnucash sometimes, and it stays in the file menu no matter what.

To see a list of all GConf keys associated with files in that list, type:

$ gconftool-2 --all-entries /apps/gnucash/history

Once you pick the appropriate key (ie. file1, file2, file3 etc) from that list:

$ gconftool-2 --unset /apps/gnucash/history/file3

That command gets rid of "file3" from the list.

HTH,
~djc