New Finance::Quote module for canadian mutual funds

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Fri Dec 29 12:49:03 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 08:43 -0800, Boyd Kelly wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I have no longer been able to get quotes for my Canadian funds.  I have
> copied the attachement below as as StockHouseCanada.pm to
> my  /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Finance/Quote/ directory.
>
> What has to be done to make this source available within FQ and gnucash?

Edit the file /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Finance/Quote.pm. Around
line 169 there is code that sets the modules variable equal to a whole
list of things.  Add StockHouseCanada to this list.  That's it, assuming
you're running gnucash 2.x.  You can test by running the command
gnc-fq-check.  You should see StockHouseCanada in the list of available
sources printed by that command.

If you're running 1.8, you will either need to modify the gnucash
sources and recompile, or upgrade to 2.x.

David