Extremely simple report

Mia Via miavia at myway.com
Sat Dec 30 14:59:25 EST 2006

I could probably spend another hour or two looking at the examples (I know a bit of Emacs Lisp, but no Scheme) and hunting down the gnucash docs, but is there a built-in report where I can get a combined total of selected accounts, i.e. ADD the future (or present) values that show up in the bottom bar for each account register, for whichever accounts I want to select?

I basically want to know the combined future value of my checking account and a couple of credit cards.  I have about 20 years of data on my file, imported from Quicken, and everytime I generate one of the built in reports, to see if I can customize it to do what I want, it takes way to long.  If I could be pointed to the one I can customize to do the above it would save me a lot of time.