After updating to 2.0.3 can no longer get quotes

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Sun Dec 31 21:44:07 EST 2006

David Hampton wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-12-31 at 12:05 +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
>
>>For a few weeks now Trustnet (uk_unit_trusts) quotes haven't been
>>working.  I think they've redesigned their site unfortunately. :-(
>

> It appears to be some variable information inserted into the output that
> confuses F::Q.  I can get individual quotes 1 out of every 4 or 5 tries.
>

>>Where is the best place to report it?
>

> In the future you can use finance-quote-devel at lists.sourceforge.net.
> I'm the currently active maintainer of F::Q, so no need to resend this
> time.
>
> David

Hello David, If I may but in here with a similar query :-)

I have just installed gnucash-2.0.3, very impressive, but I can no
longer get quotes. All my old quotes are still there but the 'Get
Quotes' button is greyed out. In the past when this happened I simply su
to root and ran the command 'update-finance-quote' but this no longer
works (unknown command). I then tried from a cpan shell to install
Finance::Quote and that resulted in the following:

Writing
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Finance/Quote/.packlist
Appending installation info to
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi/perllocal.pod
   /usr/bin/make install  -- OK

cpan>

So that all looked good but the 'Get Quotes' button is still greyed out.

Could you let me know how to get Finance::Quote back and working again
please?  Sorry to be a nuisance.

Kind regards,

Graeme.