qif import missing stock prices

Steve Kelem steve at kelem.net
Wed Feb 1 13:16:22 EST 2006

It looks like there are two steps that I need help in:

1. How to download prices for stocks on a certain date. Finance::Quote
seems to work on only the current prices. There must be a way
to get historical prices for stocks & bonds.

2. Once I get the prices, how to import them into gnucash. There are too
many to input one at a time. It looks like I could hack the .xac file,
but this seems like something that many people would like to do, so a
more general solution would be a good thing.
What are the available mechanisms?  Do I have to learn postgresql? Write
a Perl script? Learn guile?

Please advise,
Thanks,
Steve