Future Balance

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sat Feb 4 09:13:47 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 18:56 -0800, Michael Smearing wrote:
>  I am in the process of converting from Quicken to gnucash.  Is there
> a way to view future balances based on scheduled transactions?  I have
> been using this function in Quicken to see what the lowest balance in
> an account would be over the next year based on scheduled
> transactions.

Only if you setup the SXes to autocreate some amount of time into the
future.  In this case, they will be actual transactions entered onto the
books postdated.  The register's existing future-balance mechanism can
then be used.  I believe there's an RFE in bugzilla for what you want.

The 2.0 account tree has different columns for the present and total
(including future) balances, as well as a "Future minimum" column,
though I'm not what it is computing.

--
...jsled